EDIUS Pro version 4 Readme
contains important information that is not included in the User's Manual.
Also, this file might contain information that were recently changed or
Please check this Readme before using.
- License Agreement
- Revision dates
- Registered trademarks and trademarks
Please read the Software License Agreement
before using this software. Do not use this software if you do not agree
to the terms of this License Agreement.
- Revision dates
The version number stated here is given to this package.
A different version number may be given to separate applications or
Version 4.00 ( Release: 6/20/2006)
Version 4.01 ( Release: 7/1/2006)
trimming using the mouse cursor in the trim window preview monitor.
buttons in trim window to select the trim point.
feature to remove the cut point (re-link divided clips).
"Display master clip" in the "Edit" menu, to show
the original video in the Player window.
the "Play the cursor area" "Play around cut point"
command to loop play.
errors when trying to copy a folder inside the bin window.
errors when trying to open a clip with 0 frame.
errors when trying to select a capture device while capturing on the
errors when trying to play around the cut point in multicam mode (HD),
when many cut points were set and filters were applied to the clips.
errors when trying to open the layout tool while using the Quick Titler.
errors with SpeedEncoder when exporting a HDV1080/29.97p project.
errors when scrubbing on certain MPEG2 clips.
errors when scrubbing/playback of VOB files with non-consistent PTS
(time stamp) information.
errors in Quick Titler when importing certain still image clips.
video noise issue in Canopus Lossless Codec, when exporting from other
applications via Video for Windows.
errors when dragging the mouse cursor from T track to VA track.
Version 4.02 ( Release: 7/13/2006)
issue with batch select (clip color was wrong).
issue with multicam (camera cut point not displayed properly).
issue with trim mode (Window layout).
issue with audio trim.
issue when trimming sequence clips with negative speed.
issue with changing speed of sequence clips.
issue with importing projects made by EDIUS 3 or earlier.
issue with QuickTitler when inputting long text.
Version 4.03 ( Release: 8/1/2006)
issue when trimming title clips.
issue when exporting sequence still images.
issue when canceling export of AVI files.
issue when ungrouping clips.
issue when saving still images from timeline.
issue when using OpenType fonts.
Version 4.10 ( Release: 10/31/2006)
a new clip based on the In/Out points
audio in 16bit/2ch
the default mode for normal edit
add "Pitch Shifter" to the Audio Filters
the destination folder and the file name before the single capture is executed
editing of XDCAM HD
transfer of P2 material with P2 Select
Version 4.11 ( Release: 11/1/2006)
support for FireCoder.
Version 4.12 ( Release: 11/24/2006)
- Added support for EDIUS SP-SDI.
Version 4.13 ( Release: 12/14/2006)
- Fixed export to tape issue when exported after preview (the image was black).
- Fixed capture issue when timecode skipped over 0h (24h).
- Fixed issue with partial rendering (rendered unnecessary areas).
- Fixed issue when creating new project (a new folder was created in wrong directory).
- Fixed issue with speed change (field flip occurred).
- Fixed issue with 5.1ch dolby audio decoding.
- Fixed issue in formation palette (source timecode info was wrong).
Version 4.20 ( Release: 12/18/2006)
- Fixed issue when closing a project with nested sequence clips.
- Fixed issue with audio level learning (the audio was heard at the previous level).
- Fixed issue with QuickTime Movie clips (the color conversion was not correct).
- Added function to show a progress bar during EDL import.
- Added function to the exporter to sort and search.
Version 4.21 ( Release: 1/19/2007)
- Fixed issues when trimming transitions using the mouse (operation was slow).
- Fixed problem when capturing (when in/out point was set to pass over 0 hour, the capture button did not work).
- Fixed issue when editing (the video and audio went out of sync).
- Fixed issue when importing EDLs to a 24p project.
- Fixed issue when handling P2 clips (audio waveform did not show properly).
Version 4.22 ( Release: 2/14/2007) (Japan only)
- Fixed crash issues when using the color selection palette.
- Fixed issues when consolidating projects.
- Fixed crash issues when changing settings with Xplode transitions.
- Fixed color table errors when saving still images in HD resolution.
- Fixed issue when setting values (the keyboard arrow keys did not work).
Version 4.23 ( Release: 3/14/2007) (Internal)
- Fixed issue with voice over recording (could not control volume) when the audio device did not support mux input.
- Fixed issue with timeline playback (could not adjust volume rubber band during playback).
- Fixed issue with audio mixer (sometimes crashed when adjusting volume rubber band in learning mode).
- Fixed memory usage issue with white balance filter.
- Fixed issue with MPEG capture (sometimes crashed at startup).
- Fixed issue with video filter (when combination filters were used, EDIUS crashed when tried to change project settings).
- Fixed issue with proxy clips (sometimes crashed when time remap was applied).
- Fixed crash issue when context menu of time scale control was opened.
- Fixed issue with trim mode (timecode did not show properly).
Version 4.24 ( Release: 4/6/2007) (Worldwide)
- Fixed issue with saving project when a sequence clip is in the player.
- Fixed issue with crashes when consolidating a project.
- Fixed issue when consolidating, some unnecessary files were also copied.
Version 4.25 ( Release: 4/13/2007)
- Fixed errors when trying to start capturing a HDV stream.
- Fixed errors in Batch Capture when running MPEG TS Writer.
- Fixed errors when trying to select both sides of the clip and trim it.
- Fixed errors in the icons on the Color Correction Setting dialogue.
- Fixed errors when canceling outputting at a P2 camera.
- Fixed errors in displaying the file list when using P2 Store (in case cards with different capacity are used together).
- Fixed errors in P2 SELECT Tool when trying to display the list on a P2 card.
- Fixed errors in tools when restarting P2 SELECT Tool.
Version 4.26 ( Release: 5/1/2007)
- Fixed issue in the audio mixer (after changing the master volume, the playback level went too high).
- Fixed issue with sequence clip (noise occurred when an audio filter and audio cross fade was applied to the clip).
- Fixed issue with OHCI input (sometimes EDIUS crashed during deck control / capture from deck).
- Fixed issue with rubber band (could not select the level point by mouse click).
- Fixed issue when dragging & dropping clip to timeline (the track did not become active).
- Fixed to support Alt+M and Alt+N on transitions.
- Fixed issue with preset function in input settings.
- Fixed issue with keyboard shortcut customization.
- Fixed issue with rendering clips with speed change applied.
- Fixed issue with playing back DV format files.
- Fixed issue with shuttle playback (noise in audio).
- Fixed issue with playing back nested sequences (noise in audio).
- Fixed issue with TitleMotion Pro (failed to overwrite files).
Version 4.50 ( Release: 7/1/2007)
Version 4.51 ( Release: 7/13/2007)
- Fixed issues with rendering projects.
- Fixed issue with rendering in the timeline in certain formats.
- Fixed issue with overlay handling.
- Fixed issue with opening the clip menu when sequences are nested to each other.
- Fixed issue when deleting a user preset set to a default transition.
- Fixed issue with EDL export when long file names are set.
Version 4.51a ( Release: 7/25/2007)
- Added Chinese (simplified) manual pdf.
Version 4.51c ( Release: 8/7/2007)
- Fixed crash issues when using TitleMotion Pro.
- Fixed issue when importing certain AVI files.
Version 4.52 ( Release: 9/5/2007)
- Fixed issue when capturing video in long durations.
- Fixed issue with importing Imaginate clips.
- Fixed issue when importing certain title clips.
Version 4.53 ( Release: 9/14/2007)
- Fixed EDIUS Watch tool (watch folder did not work in certain cases).
Version 4.54 ( Release: 10/17/2007)
- Fixed crash issues when adding TGA/TIFF files directly into timeline
- Fixed errors of blackened preview window when applying Region Filter after using odd-number of video filters.
Version 4.60 ( Release: 2/4/2008)
Version 4.60a ( Release: 2/20/2008)
Updated manual pdf.
Fixed readme file.
Version 4.61 ( Release: 3/21/2008)
Fixed issue when rendering sequence image files on timeline.
Fixed issue with consolidating when the clip speed is set to minus (-).
Fixed issue when converting sequence image files with alpha in the EDIUS bin window (alpha info was lost).
Fixed issue with P2 select when reading more then 250 clips from the card at the same time.
Fixed issues with importing projects (when there are search folders in the project to be exported.)
Fixed crash issues with scrubbing sequence image files on timeline.
Fixed issue with voice over recording (recording sampling rate was wrong).
Fixed issue with starting EDIUS after upgrade installation.
Improved VMF playback performance in a certain environment.
Fixed issue with importing AAF files (failed to load tracks).
Fixed issue with exporting AAF files when the clip speed is changed.
- Registered trademarks and trademarks
is a registered trademark of Canopus Co., Ltd and Canopus Corporation.
is a trademark of Canopus Co., Ltd and Canopus Corporation.
other registered trademarks and trademarks belong to their respective
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 Canopus Co., Ltd. and Canopus Corporation.
All rights reserved.